It’s time get your groove on and join us at beautiful
Wawayanda State Park for our annual Dog Walk!
We have been hosting the Dog Walk for more years than we can remember (literally! no one can remember how many years it’s been) and it is such a fun day and such an important fundraiser for our shelter. This year, in honor of the 50th anniversary of Woodstock, we’re throwing it way back to 1969 with a groooovy sixties theme!
Meet at the BOAT LAUNCH PARKING AREA for a peaceful stroll through Waywayanda’s gorgeous walking trails.
Then, join us for our ever-popular CONTESTS!
– Best COSTUME (pups and people)
– BIGGEST Dog
– smallest Dog
– Best Kisser
Plus – fun for the whole family, including:
– Professional dog training demo by Jaime from Applaws training
– Photo “booth”
– Fun Games
– Dog Aglity Equipment
– Tattoos for kids
– Food for sale
– West Milford Animal Shelter T-shirts and merchandise
Registered walkers receive a GOODIE BAG and BANDANA!
Suggested Donation for Participants:
$15.00 for the first dog.
Additional dogs within the same family: $5.00 each
Cash and check are the only forms of payment accepted at the dog walk. Prepaid tickets are available through this event page (processing fees apply) or in person at West Milford Animal Shelter (cash, checks or credit cards accepted).
Simply obtain sponsors and collect money from them in support of this great event! Ask Friends, Co-workers, Family and businesses that you frequent if they will help you support WMASS. Ask your employer if they will match the money that you raise!
Prizes will be awarded to the top three fundraisers
– FIRST PRIZE: $400 Gift Card to JRC Jewelers
– SECOND PRIZE: $300 Shoprite Gift Card
– THIRD PRIZE: LiT Firefly Cooler ($250 value) courtesy of Greenwood Lake Animal Hospital
Registration fee for one dog will be waived for anyone raising $100 or more through sponsors AND they will receive a free West Milford Animal shelter tee-shirt!
Funds can be raised/submitted in the following ways:
1. Create a FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER in support of West Milford Animal Shelter Society: https://bit.ly/2YYJzeB
2. Raise funds on your own and submit CASH OR CHECK(S) to West Milford Animal Shelter on the day of the event
3. Submit donations to West Milford Animal Shelter Society through PAYPAL. Have your donors let us know whose fundraising efforts they are supporting by entering your name in the “Memo” section at checkout.
Any combination of the above is acceptable.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
• All dogs must wear appropriate ID tags. They must be in good health and must be up to date on Rabies and Distemper shots.
• All dogs must be kept on leashes while participating in the Dog Walk. Participants must clean up after their dogs.
• Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult.
• Participants agree to follow all State Park rules and regulations posted on the premises.
• Particpants agree not to hold WMASS, its members, Wawayanda State Park employess or their officials liable for any injuries incurred by or to themselves, their animals, or any persons participating before, during or after the event.
• Participants give their permission for their photographs to be published at the discretion of WMASS for publicity purposes.
• Please bring all cash/check dontations with you to the event.
• Only donations received or confirmed before 3:00 pm on the day of the event will quality for prizes.
• In the event of a tie, the first highest total contribution received in its entirety will be deemed the winner.
• Participants need not be present to win fundraising prizes. There is no substitution of prizes.
• WMASS volunteers and their family members are not eligible to win fund-raising prizes.
• Contest registration is free for registered walkers. For non-registered walkers, there is a $10 suggested fee to participate